I figured it was about time to teach Jackson about something that makes us men so manly… The Mustache. Mustache growing is more than just facial hair, it’s and art form. And what better month to do this than Movember.
In Movember, us Mo Bros, with their our new mustaches, become walking, talking billboards. Like a run or walk for charity we use our hairy ribbons to spark conversations around the often ignored issue of men’s health and seek to raise funds to support the work of the Movember Foundation.
In order to help Jax understand the importance of the Mustache I decided to take a look at the top 10 Mustaches in History:
10: Geraldo (Shirt off, selfie Geraldo… bc the bare chest really makes that shache shine).
9. Charlie Chaplain (The only reason he’s not higher on this list is because of the eyebrows).
8. Will Ferrel as Alex Trebek (Can’t just be Ferrell or just Trebek; has to be Ferrell as Trebek. A perfect example of a combination stache.)
7. Groucho Marx (simple… and looks like a piece of felt. I bet it’s soft.)
6. The Hulkster (Just a gorgeaus All-American fu-manchu.)
5. Borat (Would be less impressive if it wasn’t so dirty and greasy.)
4. Rollie Fingers (Cool ass stache… even cooler name.)
3. Donnie Baseball (Screw you and your NO facial hair BS Steinbrenner.)
2. Tom Selleck (It’s a thing of perfection. I think it’s because you know there is a beautiful little smile under there somewhere.)
1. Mr. Yosemite Sam (I wonder if he dyes it?)
So there you have it… the ten greatest mustaches in history… All amazing in their own way; all 100% manly. I know one day Jackson will grow up and want to try out the Famous Fragola Mustache… I know he will grow it in in all its glory… I know he will look at it in the mirror and then, like I did, realize the only Fragola who can pull off the stache is the OG Mustache Man…
Now… since the writing of this original blog I have come under a cloud of controversy for leaving out a few famous staches. The following are two that were left off:
Manager Lou Brown from Major League (He only recives honorable Mention because his voice annoys me… PS: his stache looks like one of those straw brooms you use to sweep out the garage.)
And lastly… a mistake on my part… a complete and under travesty being left off the stache list:
Ned Flanders (Flanders is so deserving. He is like one of those power conference runner ups who didnt get into the Big Dance because one of Mid Majors with a sub par record won their conference tourney and got an automatic bid.)